7 days/ 6 nights
Winter in Georgia is amazing. You will enjoy the beautiful nature, snowy mountains, skiing, sliding and other activities. It’s time to travel with us and we promise that it will be unforgettable. Here we go :
• Free time
• Overnight in Tbilisi
• Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi
• Rike Park
• The Bridge of Peace
• Narikala Fortress
• Abanotubani (the Bath District)
• Legvtakhevi waterfall
• After breakfast, the day starts with an exploration of a fabulous city Tbilisi – a city of wonders. Our first destination will be Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi – the highest cathedral in Georgia, which is unique with its architecture. It is a synthesis of different church styles in Georgia.
• Next destination is Metekhi, situated on a hill, which is overlooking the river Mtkvari, Rike Park and the Bridge of Peace – the 13th most unusual bridges in the world and a modern architectural masterpiece. We will walk down from Metekhi to the bridge, passing through the Rike Park. On the bridge, you can take tons of photos with old Tbilisi views –with presidential palace, Narikala Fortress, the river Mtkvari and Metekhi in the background. It is a breathtaking view from below.
• Next, we will travel by a cable car to the Narikala Fortress, which represented an entrance gate into the city in the distant past and from there you can admire the entire city.
• After Narikala, we will move to bath district. As you are approaching Abanotubani (the bath district), the smell of sulfur is getting stronger and stronger, since the baths are built on naturally occurring hot sulfur springs. Legvtakhevi waterfall in the heart of the city comes next. It is the first Tbilisi from where you can take unforgettable memories with you by only a few clicking on your video camera.
• Enjoy strolling in Meidan square through a narrow Sharden street, full of cozy cafes, restaurants, wine tasting bars and souvenir shops. The way goes to the statue of Tamada - a replica of a small statue found near Kutaisi, dating back to the 7th century BC, which proves a Georgian wine tradition from the ancient time. You will breathe in the living past and pass by Sioni, Anchiskhati, and the clock tower of famous Rezo Gabriadze Theatre of dolls, where there is a special show seen from outside in every hour.
• After that, we will visit Mtatsminda mountain and go up there by a mountain tram – funicular. In the evening, you can have an optional dinner in one of Georgian restaurants which will be extra 25$ per person. Overnight in Tbilisi.
• Jvari Monastery
• Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
• house-museum of Stalin
• Uplistsikhe – a rock-hewn city
• After breakfast, we will visit an old capital of Iberia – Mtskheta with its gorgeous and once the major cathedral of Georgia – Svetitskhoveli, designated as UNESCO world heritage site. You will go up to the Jvari Monastery, majestically towering Mtskheta with an impressive view over the confluence of two major rivers of Georgia – Mtkvari and Aragvi.
• After Mtskheta, we will visit a magnificent town Gori, where Joseph Stalin was born and grew up. We will see the house-museum of Stalin, which is on the way to Uplistsikhe – a rock-hewn city of ancient time, where Alexander the Great walked and left his ruler. The city is a museum under the open sky with lots of caves and a tunnel. The ancient Silk Road crossed the city. The city had everything that life needs. Uplistsikhe is a magical journey back in time.
• Overnight in Tbilisi
• Zhinvali water reservoir
• Ananuri architectural complex
• Gergeti Trinity Church
• After breakfast and checking out from the hotel in Tbilisi, we will move to Gudauri ski resort. On the way, we will see Zhinvali water reservoir, which is an extremely amazing green lake with water branches around hills full of trees.
• Next destination is a spectacular Ananuri architectural complex, a former summer residence of Aragvi Dukes, unique with its towers, dating back to the 16-17th centuries. From the highest tower of the fortress opens a superb view of Zhinvali reservoir and the fortress itself.
• After Ananuri, we proceed our way on the Georgian Military Road leading to Vladikavkaz, Russia and stop near White and Black Aragvi river branches, which is a wonderful sight for everyone. Here, in Pasanauri, you can taste the best Georgian national food - Khinkali (it will be extra 20$).
• Our next stop is Kazbegi, a small town near Russian border, where you will see a stunning Mkinvartsveri – the seventh highest peak in the Caucasus Mountains. Reaching Gergeti Trinity Church located at an altitude of 2170 m. by a 4WD vehicle (it will be extra 20$) never leaves you insensitive. Snow is everywhere and Kazbegi is colder than Gudauri. In case you are lucky in terms of weather conditions, you will have a perception of walking above clouds. Gudauri is the last destination – it is a ski resort in Georgia from where opens a magnificent panoramic view of snow-capped mountains, which is truly astonishing.
• (You can also visit a magnificent Gveleti waterfall and walk on a road through high cliffs. It is one of the biggest waterfalls in Georgia descending from one of the glorious cliffs in the rocky area full of different plants and wild flowers. Please note: if you add Gveleti waterfall to the tour, it will be extra 5$).
• Overnight in Gudauri
• On this day you will ski, throw snowballs at each other and enjoy snow. Here, you can travel by a cable car to the highest point in Gudauri – Mount Sadzele, which is 3279m above sea level. Some cable cars are open here, but some are closed. Open cable cars are very cold, but views are much better from there. The longest skiing route is 7 km long and it is truly a heaven for snow and ski lovers. There are sledges for children and a paragliding service for adults in Gudauri, which is an unforgettable flight over snowy mountains.
• Overnights in Gudauri
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox