9 days 8 nights
These three small countries of Caucasus region – Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan are small only by spreading area. However, they all have the most delicious cuisine and culinary traditions.
Please note: The rules of BGT do not work in Armenia and Azerbaijan.
Arriving in the magnificent city of Baku. Meeting at the airport. Check-in a hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
• The Azerbaijan carpet museum
• The gorgeous Boulevard of Baku
• The Flame Towers of Baku
• Breakfast in the hotel. Today you will meet the magnificent BAKU. Most tourists believe that the capital of Azerbaijan is an old eastern city, where there are mosques and bazaars with pomegranates and halva at every step. However, Baku is a modern metropolis with glass skyscrapers in the form of flames, magnificent fountains, wide boulevards, surrounded with exotic plants from the other end of the world. But, at the same time, the city still retains the ancient Azerbaijani architecture.
• After lunch (additional fee), our tour will continue to the modern places of the city. Thanks to an unexpected construction boom over the past decade, the capital of Azerbaijan, Baku, has flourished and transformed, which causes genuine pride among residents and great interest among tourists.
• We will look at the flag square, the Azerbaijan carpet museum, the gorgeous Boulevard, the evening flames of the Flame Towers, which will not leave you indifferent. Overnight at the hotel in Baku.
You can independently walk around the city and do the shopping.
You can also choose our optional excursion, and it is attractive for its uniqueness.
Absheron Peninsula optional tour:
• The Temple of Eternal Fire – Ateshgah
• Yanar Dag
• In the modern world, there are not so many places with preserved places of worship of Fire. But Azerbaijan is just such a unique country. Not far from Baku is The Temple of Eternal Fire – Ateshgah. This is the Temple of fire worshippers who arrived here from India 1,500 years ago and lived until the XIX century. Pilgrims continue to come here, among them are Zoroastrians and representatives of other Indian cultures and religions.
• We will visit Yanar Dag - a mountain with a natural eternal flame. There are many unique historical monuments in Azerbaijan such as numerous temples, fortresses, watchtowers of the Middle Ages, which will appear in front our eyes.
• Return to Baku. Transfer to the train station and departure on the Baku-Tbilisi train (with sleeping compartment). We will spend the night on the train.
In the morning, arrival in the pearl of Transcaucasia - Tbilisi. Transfer to a hotel. Check in a hotel. Free day. Overnight at the hotel in Tbilisi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day
• Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi
• Rike Park
• The Bridge of Peace
• Narikala Fortress
• Abanotubani (the Bath District)
• Legvtakhevi waterfall
• Jvari Monastery
• Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
• After breakfast, the day starts with exploration of a fabulous city Tbilisi – a city of wonders. Our first destination will be Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi – the highest cathedral in Georgia, which is unique with architecture. It is a synthesis of different church styles in Georgia.
• Next destination is Metekhi, situated on a hill, which is overlooking the river Mtkvari, Rike Park and the Bridge of Peace – the 13th most unusual bridges in the world and a modern architectural masterpiece. We will walk down from Metekhi to the bridge, passing through the Rike Park. On the bridge, you can take tons of photos with old Tbilisi views –with presidential palace, Narikala Fortress, the river Mtkvari and Metekhi in the background. It is a breathtaking view from below.
• Next, we will travel by a cable car to the Narikala Fortress, which represented an entrance gate into the city in the distant past and from there you can admire the entire city.
• After Narikala, we will move to Bath District. As you are approaching Abanotubani (the Bath District), the smell of sulfur is getting stronger and stronger, since the baths are built on naturally occurring hot sulfur springs. Legvtakhevi waterfall situated in the heart of the city – it is the first Tbilisi from where you can take unforgettable memories with you by only a few clicking on your video camera.
• Enjoy strolling in Meidan square through a narrow Sharden street, full of cozy cafes, restaurants, wine tasting bars and souvenir shops, to the statue of Tamada, a replica of a small statue found near Kutaisi, dating back to the 7th century BC, which proves a Georgian wine tradition from the ancient time.
• From Tbilisi, you will visit old capital of Iberia – Mtskheta with its gorgeous and once the major cathedral of Georgia – Svetitskhoveli, designated as UNESCO world heritage site and go up to the Jvari Monastery, majestically towering Mtskheta with an impressive view over the confluence of two major rivers of Georgia – Mtkvari and Aragvi. In the evening, you can have an optional dinner in one of Georgian restaurants. Overnight in Tbilisi.
• optional dinner - extra 25$ per person
• Sevanavank Monastery
• Lake Sevan
• The town of Dilijan
• Haghpat and Sanahin Monasteries.
• Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the border of Georgia and Armenia without a guide. Meeting with representatives of the Armenian host country. A fascinating tour awaits you on the way:
• Sevanavank Monastery, Lake Sevan and the town of Dilijan - Treasures of Armenian Culture, Haghpat and Sanahin Monasteries.
• At an altitude of about 2000 meters we will see the freshwater lake Sevan - one of the largest alpine lakes in the world. We will visit the Sevanavank Monastery of dark stone, which was founded in 874 on the Sevan Peninsula.
• We will continue our journey among the forests and valleys of the richest national reserve of Transcaucasia, where the city of Dilijan is located - a mountain climatic and balneological resort. Dilijan is famous for its skillful masters of woodcarving. We will explore the ethnographic quarter of the city with workshops and shops of artisans.
• After that, we will visit the unique monasteries on the UNESCO World Heritage List - Haghpat and Sanahin. Sanahin Monastery was founded in the 10th century and was a major education center with the Academy of Grigor Magistros Pahlavuni. The main Temple of the Monastery is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Haghpat Monastery was founded by Queen Hosrovanush in the X century.
• The Haghpat monastery complex consists of the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the churches of St. Gregory and Surb Nshan, the refectory, the bell tower and the narthex. The inner walls of the Church of Surb Nshan are covered with frescoes, the most important from the frescos are the Annunciation, Christmas, Epiphany, Pentecost. In the XVIII century, the great Armenian poet and singer Sayat Nova lived in the Monastery, who was later buried here.
• After that we will arrive in the city of Yerevan.Transfer and hotel accommodation. Overnight in Yerevan.
• Victory Park
• The Cathedral of St. Gregory the Illuminator
• Marshal Baghramyan Avenue
• Yerevan Cascade
• Northern Avenue
• Republic Square
• Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex
• Breakfast in the hotel. City tour in Yerevan. You will enjoy walking in the capital of Armenia: “Akhtanak” Park (Victory Park) - dedicated to the victory of the USSR in the Second World War, the monument of “Mother Armenia”, Republic Square, Yerevan Cascade, Northern Avenue where you can have unforgettable photo shoots.
• We will stop in Victory Park with the monument of Mother Armenia with a panoramic view of the city center. We will see all the most interesting places in the capital, including the Cathedral of St. Gregory the Illuminator, Marshal Baghramyan Avenue. We will visit the Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex, dedicated to the memory of the victims of the Armenian Genocide. After the tour, you will have free time for an independent walk around the city. Overnight at a hotel in Yerevan.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the Yerevan airport.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox