9 Days 8 Nights
Visit a country where the sky is turquoise and the land – emerald, a birthplace of wine and hospitality!
• Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi
• Rike Park
• The Bridge of Peace
• Narikala Fortress
• Abanotubani (the Bath District)
• Legvtakhevi waterfall
• Jvari Monastery
• Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
• After breakfast, the day starts with exploration of a fabulous city Tbilisi – a city of wonders. Our first destination will be Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi – the highest cathedral in Georgia, which is unique with architecture. It is a synthesis of different church styles in Georgia.
• Next destination is Metekhi, situated on a hill, which is overlooking the river Mtkvari, Rike Park and the Bridge of Peace – the 13th most unusual bridges in the world and a modern architectural masterpiece. We will walk down from Metekhi to the bridge, passing through the Rike Park. On the bridge, you can take tons of photos with old Tbilisi views –with presidential palace, Narikala Fortress, the river Mtkvari and Metekhi in the background. It is a breathtaking view from below.
• Next, we will travel by a cable car to the Narikala Fortress, which represented an entrance gate into the city in the distant past and from there you can admire the entire city.
• After Narikala, we will move to Bath District. As you are approaching Abanotubani (the Bath District), the smell of sulfur is getting stronger and stronger, since the baths are built on naturally occurring hot sulfur springs. Legvtakhevi waterfall situated in the heart of the city – it is the first Tbilisi from where you can take unforgettable memories with you by only a few clicking on your video camera.
• Enjoy strolling in Meidan square through a narrow Sharden street, full of cozy cafes, restaurants, wine tasting bars and souvenir shops, to the statue of Tamada, a replica of a small statue found near Kutaisi, dating back to the 7th century BC, which proves a Georgian wine tradition from the ancient time.
• From Tbilisi, you will visit old capital of Iberia – Mtskheta with its gorgeous and once the major cathedral of Georgia – Svetitskhoveli, designated as UNESCO world heritage site and go up to the Jvari Monastery, majestically towering Mtskheta with an impressive view over the confluence of two major rivers of Georgia – Mtkvari and Aragvi. In the evening, you can have an optional dinner in one of Georgian restaurants. Overnight in Tbilisi.
• optional dinner - extra 25$ per person
• Zhinvali water reservoir
• Ananuri architectural complex
• Black and white Aragvi river branches
• After breakfast, we will move to the north part of Georgia - Stepantsminda (Kazbegi). On the way, we will visit Zhinvali water reservoir, which is an extremely amazing green lake with water branches around hills full of trees.
• Next destination is a spectacular Ananuri architectural complex, a former summer residence of Aragvi Dukes, unique with its towers, dating back to the 16-17th centuries. From the highest tower of the fortress opens a superb view of Zhinvali reservoir and the fortress itself.
• After Ananuri, we proceed our way on the Georgian Military Road leading to Vladikavkaz, Russia and stop near White and Black Aragvi river brunches, which is a wonderful sight for everyone. Here, in Pasanauri, you can taste the best Georgian national food – Khinkali. Gudauri is the next destination – a ski resort in Georgia from where opens a magnificent panoramic view of snow-capped mountains, which is truly astonishing.
• Next, you can taste Georgian mineral spring water that flows on a mountain slope and leaves stalagmitic rock – travertine. Our last stop is Kazbegi, a small town near Russian border, where you will see a stunning Mkinvartsveri – the seventh highest peak in the Caucasus Mountains. Reaching Gergeti Trinity Church located at an altitude of 2170 m. by a special vehicle never leaves you insensitive. In case you are lucky in terms of weather conditions, you will have a perception of walking above clouds.
• You can also visit a magnificent Gveleti waterfall and walk on a road through high cliffs. It is one of the biggest waterfalls in Georgia descending from one of the glorious cliffs in the rocky area full of different plants and wild flowers. Overnight in Tbilisi.
• Visiting Gveleti waterfall - extra 5$
• Vehicle to Gergeti Trinity Church – extra 20$
• Tasting Khinkali in Pasanauri - extra 20$
• After breakfast and checking out, we will move to the west part of Georgia Batumi - the second biggest city in Georgia by population. On the way, we will visit Borjomi resort town - an extraordinarily remarkable place with its nature and pure mineral waters known all over the world. You can taste a glass of mineral water here and take it at home as well. Borjomi is a place with an aura of timelessness. After this fabulous town, we will move to Batumi Black Sea beach. Overnight in Batumi.
• Europe Square
• Batumi Piazza
• Alphabetic Tower
• statue of Ali and Nino
After breakfast in the hotel, we will start a walking tour around the old city known for its variety of small and intricate architectural details: buildings are decorated with chimeras, mermaids and other mythical creatures. We will visit Europe Square, Batumi Piazza, Alphabetic Tower, statue of Ali and Nino. In the evening, you will enjoy swimming in the Black Sea. Overnight in Batumi.
Day 5, 6 and 7: Free days. On these days, you can take optional tours, which will be an extra cost. 3-4 hours
We suggest you to visit Mtirala National Park. Mount Mtirala is one of the most humid areas in the country. The name Mtirala (it means "to cry") is derived from the 4,520 millimeters annual rainfall, making it one of the wettest areas in Georgia. Overnight in Batumi.
After breakfast, we will visit a Makhuntseti waterfall in Qeda municipality - remarkable with its wonderful nature and nice Tamar Bridge built with volcanic rocks. Overnight in Batumi.
Day 9: Transfer to the Batumi airport
Hotel 4 star pricelist:
2-3 pax - 968$
4-5 pax - 769$
6-14 pax - 703$
15-24 pax - 602$
25+ pax - 580$
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox